Special needs child who is funded for an educator, centre hasn’t supplied one

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
meljen72

Special needs child who is funded for an educator, centre hasn’t supplied one

Post by meljen72 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:13 am

In my room we have a child with special needs, he is non verbal, climbs on top of all furniture, is 4 and needs nappies and someone to help him eat.
He was given funding for an educator to be with him starting in January. But since covid we have not been allocated an educator for him.
So my question is where is the funding money going?
Would of it stop because of covid( I cant see why)?
And who do I ring to report or find out what is happening?
My director and management aren’t very forthcoming
Thank you

Lorina

Re: Special needs child who is funded for an educator, centre hasn’t supplied one

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:06 am

If the centre is still open then I don't understand why COVID is being used as an excuse. Like you said, where is the money going, if your service is still continuing to receive funding? Are you sure that funding has continued?

I would assume since being a special needs child that it may be coming from Inclusion Support.

See if the following helps:

Inclusion Support

:geek:,
Lorina

meljen72

Re: Special needs child who is funded for an educator, centre hasn’t supplied one

Post by meljen72 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Thank you,
Yes centre has been open the entire time and the child has been attending through covid as well.
I will look into it, sadly the child is the one who is missing out

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:04 pm

I agree! Things are starting to get back to normal so hopefully, you can find out what's going on and an Educator can come and support and assist this child.

:geek:,
Lorina