No joy going to work anymore

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

No joy going to work anymore

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:31 am

Really do not like work at the moment.
I HATE being relief staff
Sorry to anyone who does this job, it may be for you but not for me.
I can do it short term but long term NOPE
I like being a GL with my own room and staff and children who I get to know and plan for and bond with etc.
I like the paperwork and everything else that comes with being a GL.
I like the responsibility and it motivates me to be a better teacher.

I just do not know how to manage as next year work have left me on the perm relief rotation which means 4days/week I just fill in for absentees. Could be GLs could be assistants ... regardless I step in a room, clean, help manage the kids and thats it. Su*ks

I really feel like I have been given a demotion considering my background and experience.
I also feel like I have been persecuted for being open about my plans in the future and work are covering their bases based on what I have told them.
i.e. I said I would be doing a round of IVF in Jan .... this was after I lost my baby & they were planning the staff for the upcoming year.

Pretty despondent to be honest and hate feeling that way as I love doing what I do but these days I feel no joy whatsoever in it....and it does not help as adds to the despair I am already feeling due to my recent loss.

One staff member who I worked closely with for a while in a room (before they pulled me out replacing me with someone who had just been hired and was going to take over the room!!!!) said I should go speak to them again but I just don't feel I should. They know what I wanted and they aren't giving it to me. They have done all their staffing for next year so doubtful I can be accommodated now anyway.

poo :thumbdown: not happy

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: No joy going to work anymore

Post by LindyT » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:14 am

Oh Fe

I am really sad to hear how you are being treated.
I hope things turn around for you. :inlove: :kiss:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Fefe,

It sounds to me like you need a change... what's stopping you from leaving. You have a ton of knowledge and experience and it's obvious they are not using you to your full potential so why bother anymore. There is no point going to work if you are not happy to be there... its just going to make each day harder to face... Find something else, it's obvious the centre only wants you as part of the relief team (which doesn't make sense but anyway)... Im sure you can find something better than this!

All will be well Fefe, I understand you've had a pretty hard few months but don't give up!

:geek:,
L.A

An Educator
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by An Educator » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Dear Fefe,

I totally agree with lA. A change would help you. Try being a Family day care Educator. It is so rewarding . Pls TC.