Fustrasted in child care

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
aussieboy09091984

Fustrasted in child care

Post by aussieboy09091984 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi ,

I have an issue and I’m not sure how to approach it.I am been working in this centre for 2 years, and I’m not very happy were I’m working at the moment, and I just hate it , just because people are not so nice there. The director already asked me couple of times if I’m happy here but I kinda didn’t say yes or no.because I’m not kind of person not to stick up for myself and keep everything to myself . I had some issues with one of the staff before and I refused to do something so she went to the director and told her lies about me, which was wrong.when tiled to director she kinda took her side. Also the staff have been telling lies about me and talk behind my back, just little things that annoy me so much (don’t know why). Sorry this is long story , I’m just very frustrated and I don’t know what do anymore. A lot of people said to me to find a new place, but I’m scared and As personality I don’t really like changes.The question is I do wanna move on , but how to I approach this to the director , I don’t like to her, should I lie and say I’m moving houses and it’s gonna be far to get to work so I should look for other centre or I should tell the truth and say look it’s not working for me and I wanna change and looking for a new job.

I don’t know what to do anymore ....

Would love some advice ...

Thanks

Lorina

Re: Fustrasted in child care

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:51 pm

I understand that it's hard to be confrontational and talk about issues but once it's out in the open you will feel so much better and your Director will know what is happening. There are many times that directors are not aware of problems between educators or concerns that you may have so you need to speak up. Nothing bad is going to happen to you and it seems like you want to leave anyway...so it's time to stop putting up with the crap and speak up for yourself.

If you find it easier writing all the issue and problems, send an email to your director instead of talking directly. Whatever it takes do it!

I think it's time to move on...

:geek:,
Lorina

aussieboy09091984

Re: Fustrasted in child care

Post by aussieboy09091984 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi Lorina

Thanks for your help