Disciplined by co worker

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
sbgilly

Disciplined by co worker

Post by sbgilly » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:21 am

We have an educator mature age who has been working at our centre now for about 1 month.
Now I need some advice. She likes to tell her co workers when to use our manners.
When we get rushed and super stressed we all ask for something without saying please and Thankyou. As adults we take this onboard.
I aske our chef for more rice for a child, I had 8 children as a fellow educator had to take a child to the toilet.
The other educator was assisting the chef…….after me asking for rice for the child, the other lady said “ a please would be nice”.
Omg I saw red, but kept quiet as I was in front of children and other staff.
This person has done this to at least 4 other staff members.
I spoke to my manager yesterday about it, she did not to say anything as she had personal issues.
Please advice. I’m in my 50s and don’t need to be told to use my manners. I felt demeaned.

Lorina

Re: Disciplined by co worker

Post by Lorina » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:16 pm

Well you can confront the Educator and let her know that yes you are all aware to use your manners but at times during busy periods at work you are just trying to finish your task and don't need to be reminded (but in a nice way), you can smile and nod or when she says it just respond "please" or "thank you" or whatever she wants you to say.

Don't take it personally, I'm sure it's part of her ways...

:geek:,
Lorina

sbgilly

Post by sbgilly » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:06 pm

Thankyou for your reply. It’s definately her personality……. 🙌🏼

Sreedevi1233456

Facing suspension first time in last 6 years of childre

Post by Sreedevi1233456 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:41 am

Hi,
I am in very stress full situation, i got suspension order and asked to leave the center telling i left a child unattended on the previous day. HR says their is an allegation against me , but i never did it and i think its personally targetting me from other staff members. Please help.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:11 pm

Ok one second... take a breathe... did you get any notice? Did you get any warning? What happened the previous day that educators are saying you left a child unattended?

You can contact me via message on the Aussie Childcare Network Facebook page if you want to chat...

:geek:,
- Lorina