Bad experiences but want to continue as a career

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
MPlace

Bad experiences but want to continue as a career

Post by MPlace » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:48 pm

Hey, this is my second year of working in the industry and I love planning activities for and with the children and also helping them grow. The first company I worked for i resigned because staff were to bitchy and practises were poor. I have started at a new centre where u can see that the educators are there for the children and generally love there job. Also a tight knit team. Last week i was accused of lying by the manager to Which I did not. ( I didn't know i started early one day as my roster changed and I wasn't told this shift was now an early, and i said this but she is convinced i did know and just forgot but won't admit that) then last week i was accused of lying to a parent (I said I don't know and will check that information for you as I was on lunch. Turns out I wasn't on lunch but I didn't lye I I though I was on lunch .) Now i cannot talk to parents until I gain the educators trust back. She even brought up how we have to be honest, build realtionships and trust. I thought i was building relationships with educators and I ask for help and follow the routines, use initiative and step in where I can , I don't know where I screwed up. I honestly want to gain their trust back and do the right thing ( but will not admit i lied as i do not believe I lied in these circumstances) I have apologised and said that I will try but how do I do this how do I gain their trust back ?

Lorina

Re: Bad experiences but want to continue as a career

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:30 am

Well first of all it's good to see you that you're standing your ground!

As for starting early, if there are any changes to your roster you should of been told 7 days in advance. Also, since you were on the early shift and you didn't show up (even though you weren't aware), I can imagine the inconvenience it may have cause the other educator since you didn't show up and as for lying to the parent I don't see a huge deal because you said you were on lunch and you weren't so bloody what! Sometimes Educators cause a huge deal out of nothing... as you're aware!

I think communication is the key! Like for the lunch thing... do you have to be told to go to lunch or are you going to lunch at a set time each day? If you have to be told, you can just tell them that it would be easier for all to have a timetable which states everyone's lunch so you don't have to rely on someone to tell you...

As for the roster change let them know that you should be notified 7 days in advance...

Don't worry it will blow over...

:geek:,
Lorina

MPlace

Re: Bad experiences but want to continue as a career

Post by MPlace » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:18 am

Thanks. Umm lunch changes depending on what shift you are on. My shifts are different every day but the same every second week. I.e week one tues I work 9-6, wed 7.45-4.45, thurs 8.30-5.30 then week 2 I work 745-4.45 tues and wed 8.30-5.30 , thurs 7.45-4.45... soo my lunch gets changed accordingly... I hope things get better and it blows over. Anything I can do to help this happen and re gain their trust??