Cert 3 - diploma-trainer

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Navya

Cert 3 - diploma-trainer

Post by Navya » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new here but found this forum really helpful. I have some questions and I am sorry if they have been asked somewhere before n i m not aware.

I am currently doing my cert 3 face to face in Perth and will finish next year in June. I started volunteering at a centre few months ago and was offered a casual position last week which is great. I have some questions regarding my future journey planning and bit unclear on what to do—-

1. After cert 3 I wanna do my diploma. How long will it take doing it online through tafe and working at a centre part time as versus doing through traineeship at a centre ? Which one is better option? I have children so can’t do full time work only may be three days max.

2.When doing a traineeship diploma, does my employee pay my fee? If yes, do I get paid for working there as well or not?

3. In future I would like to be a trainer and do my cert 4 in training. How many years experience do I need as an educator before I can be a trainer? Is it easy to find trainer jobs?

4. As in am working towards my cert 3 , how much should I be getting paid per hr as a casual? Not very clear which level I am on the fair work award chart.

Thank you for any help or suggestions

Lorina

Re: Cert 3 - diploma-trainer

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:44 am

1. After cert 3 I wanna do my diploma. How long will it take doing it online through tafe and working at a centre part time as versus doing through traineeship at a centre ? Which one is better option? I have children so can’t do full time work only may be three days max.

Diploma typically takes 2 years to complete... You can do it at tafe and work part time while studying (without the traineeship). With the traineeship you are commited to the centre for the duration of the traineeship until you complete it.

2.When doing a traineeship diploma, does my employee pay my fee? If yes, do I get paid for working there as well or not?

From what I understand you only need to pay registration/ enrolment fee... Yes you will still be paid your wages even as a trainee.

3. In future I would like to be a trainer and do my cert 4 in training. How many years experience do I need as an educator before I can be a trainer? Is it easy to find trainer jobs?

From job adverts I have seen minimum 3 years on some posts and some positions have also asked for a Bachelor Of Education as well. There are jobs avaiable however expereince and knowledge of the induztry is needed.

4. As in am working towards my cert 3 , how much should I be getting paid per hr as a casual? Not very clear which level I am on the fair work award chart.

How long have you been working? When did you start your cert 3?

Let me know!

:geek:,
Lorina

Navya

Post by Navya » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:40 am

Hi Lorina,

Thank you so much for your reply. Its cleared up my concerns.
I started cert 3 in July this year and got my first casual work day 2 weeks ago. I stsrted as a volunteer there once a week and still do that but if they r short on staff, they ask me to work that day.

Thank u again for your help

Barora

Post by Barora » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:56 pm

Hi All

Fairly new to the site. I am currently working as a ESL teacher in NSW and want to enroll into CERT iii in childcare at Tafe. Can you please suggest minimum qualification need to work in a childcare and in future I would like to open my own childcare. What do I need and where can I get all the relevant information?

Thank you