Working in childcare

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
tiff.biziak

Working in childcare

Post by tiff.biziak » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Next week ill be starting work in a childcare centre for the first time. Its only two days a week for now, im a little nervous as ive never worked in one before. I think im more nervous as i dont want to look like an idiot just standing around. I was hoping for a bit of advice on things to expect and things i should be doing
Thanks in advance ☺

Small World

Re: Working in childcare

Post by Small World » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:51 am

Hi Tiff.biziak,

Try not to be apprehensive about your new start it is a fantastic opportunity and you will be making a great contribution - congratulations :clap:

Children are non-judgemental, they wont think you look silly and they will welcome you with great interest, they are extremely aware and i would imagine if you dont stand but actually sit or get down to their level just sit and watch to see how long it is before they want to engage with you! :P

I wish you all the very best in your new adventure.. please post back on the forum about how you get on, I would be interested in hearing from your experience. :!: