what other jobs do i qualify for?

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kazalex

what other jobs do i qualify for?

Post by kazalex » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:30 pm

hello everyone.

i have a diploma in oshc and have 2 modules left of my diploma in early childhood.
is there other occupations you can go into with these diplomas,such as sso's or anything else.
whats the highest job i can go for with these, such as director?

thanks a lot,karen

Lorina

Re: what other jobs do i qualify for?

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 am

Hi Karen,

With your diploma there are many jobs that you can qualify for. These include from the top of my head: room leader positions, assistant director (2IC), director and OOSH co-ordinator.

If you want to apply for a higher position such as a director, it may be a little difficult to find something at first. In my opinion, ever since the new regulations came out, stating that an ECT is required, I find that services may prefer to have an ECT as a director, rather than a diploma. Obviously this isn't the case everywhere, but I just wanted to warn you before you have your heart set on a higher role.

It's best to start as a room leader, 2IC even then work your way up to as a director. It's best to gain experience in each position, finding what suits you then see where it leads you...

Hope all goes well,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

kazalex

Post by kazalex » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:37 pm

thanks a lot....

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:30 am

Have you thought about what job you will like to take on with your diploma?