traineeship position requirement.

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Polley

traineeship position requirement.

Post by Polley » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the forum and found it really useful.. i am currently looking for the traineeship position while waiting enroll certificate III courses at mid of jun to july. , but i hav no idea where to start.. should i apply working with children check, first aid and police clearance before i apply the position?

i hope i can get some advise from the experienced people here.

would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Lorina

Re: traineeship position requirement.

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:22 am

If you are wanting to apply for a traineeship position within a centre you don't need to enroll in a cert III course. The traineeship enables you to study and work at the same time. The centre where you will do your traineeship will pay for your cert III course so you can complete it as a traineeship.

To begin, I suggest you start handing in your resume at centres in your area or where you are willing to travel to. Include a cover letter along with your resume which provides a brief description about yourself, the position you are wanting (traineeship), why you want to work in this industry etc. It doesn't have to be so long, just to let the employer know what you're looking for and a brief introduction about yourself.

In regards to your working with children's check and police clearance, here in Sydney when you get accepted for a position, your employer will give you this documentation to fill out... However I'm not so sure in Melbourne. Also, it is a great idea to do your first aid course. It's an added bonus as part of your resume if you have already had the training done!

Hopefully this gives you a bit of an idea on where to start,

:geek:,
L.A

Polley

Re: traineeship position requirement.

Post by Polley » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks L.A for your information. I didn't know that employer will pay for the study and work at the same time for traineeship position, it is good to know about it.

What if i prefer want to enroll my cert III at tafe and at the same time i want to work in childcare industry before the class start, may i know what is position title should i put in my resume?

Regarding those children's check and police clearance, i also not sure but i will find out the answer. :)

Polley