Teaching Children With Special Needs

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
katesurvey

Teaching Children With Special Needs

Post by katesurvey » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi Everyone
I am doing diploma in Early childhood education and care. I'm more inclined to teach children with special needs. What education do I have to get to teach in primary school special education. I do not wish to do bachelors degree. Can I do graduate certificate? What are the options in NSW Sydney.
Thanks

Lorina

Re: Teaching Children With Special Needs

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Since you are wanting to teach children in a primary school you will still need to complete a bachelor's degree...

Another option that you have is an Inclusion Support Worker in an early childhood setting. As an inclusion support worker, you will support individual children with additional needs (this could include a physical disability, a child that may not speak English, a child with a behavioural issue) etc.

You can also do a Certificate IV in Education Support, this enables you to assist teaching staff in schools in managing the classroom, improving behaviour and dealing with children with special needs. So this may be something you can look into.

Hope this gives you some options!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:43 pm

Let me know if you need any further info and I'll see what I can come up with for you!

:geek:,
Lorina

katesurvey

Post by katesurvey » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:19 am

I already have a masters degree but not in education & not from Australia. Will I be considered in that case? More inclined to work with children with special needs. Looking for short term courses.