Starting Up An In Home Care Day Care Service

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
wendy w

Starting Up An In Home Care Day Care Service

Post by wendy w » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi everyone
I am new to this forum and think this site is great. I have been in child care for 25+ years and now run my own family day care. the new EYLF and retraction of our own licence has been, well lets put it politely - awful, stressful and as a 50+ year old im finding it very hard to cope and am considering a career change, unless i am able to find information which would allow me to legally run a private in home day care service.
Does anyone know if i could operate a private home care in western Australia ? and if so would my parents be eligible for CCb or the childcare rebate (i need to keep my business affordable and viable)

I really dont want to close but the new regs and the schemes regulations are becoming very dictatorial even to the point where we now have to put their phone number on all our advertising ( great free advertising for the schemes)

please help

thanks in anticipation
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic has been moved from the General Discussion forum, topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: private in home care

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi Wendy,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

I am sorry to hear that you are finding running your family day care difficult. It will be a shame to see someone with your experience left out just because of the new regulations, guidelines and the EYLF. If you can find a way to make it work then it ill be great for you to continue however I understand that it may be simpler to choose another option such as in home care. Less stress, less worries and others not telling you what to do...

It took awhile but I did happen to find some information from DEEWR, for you based on having an in home care service. It provides information and details on eligibility, funding, CCB, support and assistance etc. I'll provide the link below:

http://deewr.gov.au/eligibility-home-care

Hopefully this helps you with your decision,

:geek:,
L.A

wendy w

Re: Starting Up An In Home Care Day Care Service

Post by wendy w » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Thanks LA for your speedy response. I will certainly be looking at this, now my scheme states i cannot put my fees up in april because their policy says jan and july great hey, it seems since the new regs etc all i am doing is pyramid selling and not running my own business. hopefully i will be able to continue my business without a scheme
thanks again.

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:05 am

I think ' In Home Care' is where we provide care in the child's home ie we go to them? I did some work of this nature afew years ago.

wendy w

Post by wendy w » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:00 pm

thanks for responding dulciean
i have made a few enquiries but to no avail, looks like i might have to check out other schemes and see what they can offer. I love my family day care and my kids and parents are great so heres hoping i can find a suitable scheme.