starting a new job as a team leader

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
123gcj

starting a new job as a team leader

Post by 123gcj » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi everyone just wanting some help please. I am starting a new job this week in a childcare centre as the team leader and am a bit scared on where to start as i have been working as a FDC carer for the past 7yrs. Can some one tell me if i am on the correct path. What i was thinking when i start on Monday was that i would go in and for the first couple ow weeks was to get to know the children take in as many obs as i can about each child and then start to focus on were i can go with the program. can any one give me some pinter on what to look out for and am i on the correct path??? Thanks

Lorina

Re: starting a new job as a team leader

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi Gcj,

I agree with your approach... I think for the first couple of weeks it's important to get to know the children, families and staff. You will have to observe how they run the centre and what happens during the day... I think that the first week should be spent on interacting with the children and observing interests and children's strengths. Also it's a good idea to work out the running of the room and how you are going to establish the room routine.. Don't worry... Just enjoy getting to know everyone...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A