Returning to the industry

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
activ8thebrain

Returning to the industry

Post by activ8thebrain » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi everyone, As stated above i am planning on returning to childcare. It has been almost 6 1/2 years since i had last worked. I left when the EYLF just came in and struggled to convert over to the new framework. I think I get anxious about trying to remember the learning outcomes, as alot of them seem to merge in meaning for me. I feel like I should just start all over again in order to understand it all and how to link it together. I have been reading the principles and practices and it is going in one ear and out the other. is there a secret to it? I want to know is there any others out there that struggled with understanding it or is it just me, any helpful tips or key advice would be greatly appreciated. I have done my cert 3 and diploma and have over 10 yrs experience- but this theory part is rattling me.
Thanks in advance

Lorina

Re: Returning to the industry

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi!

Welcome back to the industry! With the EYLF yes it is a lot to take in all at once but baby steps. As you begin using it within your documentation and planning you will begin to see how easy it is to use within all areas.

I think the most important part is to try and understand it. Have a read through the outcomes, look at how children can achieve the outcomes and what you can do to support children to achieve this. You can print out the following and have it with you while documenting which you can use to refer to:

Children Achieving Outcomes

How Educators Promote Outcomes

This will explain in the simplest way on the EYLF:

Understanding EYLF

Also don't be afraid to ask questions! The more practice you will get at using the EYLF the better you will be, so don't worry you'll get there!

:geek:,
Lorina