Resigning ?

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Misse84
Helper
Helper

Resigning ?

Post by Misse84 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:19 pm

So I might be offered a job next week for this amazing centre. We close our centre this week, and re open on the 6th of jan just like the centre I might work at.

I obviously will have to give two weeks notice, but want to do it in person So I have to wait till next year. If I finish on the 17th of Jan, will that he enough ?

Also a bit worried about quitting, as my boss is not exactly very....good tempered and the reason why I am leaving.

Thank you

Lorina

Re: Resigning ?

Post by Lorina » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:26 am

That should be enough time... You want to finish on Jan 17th so on the following Monday you can start at the new centre right... It shouldn't be a problem just because it is one day less...

Don't worry too much about your boss's reaction. It's a good thing you're getting out of there. I know you have been having problems at this centre for awhile and I'm glad to hear you may be leaving.

Even though you are personally resigning from this centre it's also a good idea to hand in a resignation letter as well. In it state why you are leaving the date of your last day at work as well as a positive comment to the centre (even if it's one of the main reasons, it's always good to try and end on a good note).

Hope all goes well and good luck at your new centre!

:geek:,
L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 am

How long have you worked there for?

I think if you have worked at a centre for less than a year you only need one week notice or if you have worked more than a year you need two weeks notice. Anyhow, 2 weeks notice is enough time to let your centre know. I checked it out in my staff handbook. Its probably standard for all notices I presume.

Not more than I year of service: 1 weeks notice
More than 1 year but less than 3 years: 2 weeks notice

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Post by Misse84 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Thank you ladies,

I got the job and start on the 20th, very happy! I will email my boss next week to give her a warning, and will give it to her in writing as well.

Working there almost made me quit childcare all together, now I am back again :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:19 am

Congratulations on your new job! Glad you found that passion again! Awesome way to start the new year!!

L.A

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Excellent news!- it's amazing the difference finding a position at a new , better centre makes- I also nearly left the industry after my experiences with my last job- I am 100% happier where I am now- and hope you will be too! :clap: :thumbup:

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:36 pm

hi Bubuella. Congratulations and wish you all the best. A change is good when you feel down or not happy with the ways things are going at work. A change will make you feel alive and fresh again. I wish everything goes well for you.

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Post by Misse84 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:20 pm

thank you everyone. Now just the dreaded two weeks at my old job. But I am excited :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:12 am

Just enjoy the last 2 weeks with the children and thanking the parents for their support during your time at the centre. Before you know it you will be at your new centre!

I really wish you all the best at your new work!

Keep us posted,

L.A

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Post by Misse84 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Thanks ladies!

It was hard saying goodbye to everyone, and I had mixed feelings lol. But tomorrow I start my new job and hopefully it will go well.

And thanks L.A for changing my username for me :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:33 am

No problem! :thumbup: Hope you're enjoying your new job!

How has your first few days been?

L.A