OOSH Job - new to the work force

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
catnap
Helper
Helper

OOSH Job - new to the work force

Post by catnap » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi! I am beginning a new job in OOSH at a school shortly,(as an assistant) but currently waiting on a new Paid Blue card and supervisors certificate. As I have not undergone and paid work in this field before, but I am looking forward to it! I was wondering if there's anyone who has worked for the large company Camp Aust previously? I know they offer alot of training.
Cheers from QLD! :D

Lorina

Re: OOSH Job - new to the work force

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:25 pm

A great way to start in this industry by working in an OOSH centre! I think you will enjoy it... you either work in the mornings/afternoons or both and it's different working with the older children compared to little ones under the age of 5.... I haven't work for Camp Australia but from what I hear they are a reputable company. They provide a lot of training and support to staff (I think they offer free training courses for their staff) and they also offer study qualifications such as cert 3 and diploma's through the company itself. :thumbup:

:geek:,
L.A

catnap
Helper
Helper

Re: OOSH Job - new to the work force

Post by catnap » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 am

Hi again LA!
Thanks again for your reply. As I have undergone previous Prac with 'schoolies' for a few mths last year, but not in a school based OOSH, but a Child Care based OOSH. Camp Aust seems sound really great, but they do conduct all their business online through Melb head office. I have attended a recruitment session here in QLD in Jan and really had fun! As previously mentioned I am waiting on the new Paid Blue Card and other stuff before I am invited in for a face o face induction. Yes, they DO offer alot of training. CPR ect is included.I know they run courses too, but I am currently studying OOSH , so will stick with the college I am with at the moment. So just have to WAIT until my new card ect shows up and I can begin! I love this age group too and am looking forward to it all.
I shall let you know how things go down the track!
Cheers and thanks again!
:D