Old Child Care Qualifications

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Tanni

Old Child Care Qualifications

Post by Tanni » Thu May 22, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi. I trained in the 80s for two years full time at TAFE and my qualification is CCCS (Certificate of Child Care Studies). I worked in the child care industry full time in various different services until 1996 when I had my first child. 14 years experience. I was a stay at home mum most of the next 15 years and I am now working with special needs children doing one on one therapy in their homes and preschools.
My question is, is my qualification CCCS still recognised if I were to apply for a job today. If I'd stayed working in the industry it would be like having a Diploma but I'm not sure what jobs I can apply for now. Could I apply for a Diploma position, a Cert 3 or would I have to start my training all over again?. Thanks.

Lorina

Re: Old Child Care Qualifications

Post by Lorina » Fri May 23, 2014 7:32 pm

I just went to the ACECQA site and searched their " Approved Qualifications List" with the name of your qualification and this is what came up: http://www.acecqa.gov.au/Qualifications.aspx

So, if this is the qualification that you have obtained through TAFE then your qualification is accepted and you be recognised as a Diploma trained educator which means you can apply for a room leader position. However, it's best to be well informed on recent changes to the regulations, EYLF, NQS etc because during the interview you will most certainly be asked about it...

If your qualification doesn't match the one in the link above then you will have to complete it again. You won't need to do a cert 3 as the new Diploma includes cert 3 components as well...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri May 23, 2014 7:35 pm

I just went to the link I posted and the search I did with your qualification appearing doesn't show on the link above. So, in the above link in the General Search field just type in Certificate of Childcare Studies and then it will find it for you...

:geek:,
L.A

Tanni

Post by Tanni » Fri May 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi Lorina. Thanks so much for that helpful info. Great to know that my qualifications are still recognised. Cheers