Newbie from Melbourne wanting to say HI!

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kindykidz

Newbie from Melbourne wanting to say HI!

Post by kindykidz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi :wave: everyone, My name is Leonora and Im new to this forum. I have been on this site many times but have only just registered. (better late then never).

I am a mum to two (17 and 8) and have been in professional childcare since 2009. I have my Cert 3 and am currently studying my Diploma.

I love working with kindy kids although it can be very challenging sometimes lol. My goal at the moment is to become a room leader by next year. I think if I had studied straight out of school I would be a kindy teacher now but unfortuneately I took a different path and now think it is too late.

Looking forward to meeting you all and having some great discussions.

Cheers

Lorina

Re: Newbie from Melbourne wanting to say HI!

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:46 am

Hi Leonora,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! Great to have you on board! :thumbup:

I'm L.A. I've been working in childcare for the past 9 years. I currently have my career and study (was doing my degree) on hold as I am almost 9 months pregnant and ready to pop with my first baby at the end of April (which I am so excited about)!

I agree that kids can be challenging. Last year I was the toddler room leader and boy let me tell you what a roller coaster ride that was! It was such hard work but I loved every minute of it :giggle:... It's so fulfilling working with children, it is really a great job we have!

Don't worry about not studying straight out of high school... It's never too late! The thing about early childhood is that it's a big need in today's society so whether you study now or 20 years ago there will always be a need for early childhood educators! So, no regrets ok!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi,

See you around the forum,

:geek:,
L.A

kindykidz

Post by kindykidz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Lol I am L.A. too Ive often thought about studying further but just don't know. I guess I will just concentrate on my diploma first lol.
Nice to meet you by the way:)

Good luck with your pregnancy, these days i get my baby fix from cuddling the babies in the baby room lol.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello and welcome.
Let me just say its never too late. I am 37 and studying for my Bachelor of Education after being in the field of EC Ed for 15 years! If its something you love age makes no difference.
Get your Diploma done, I am sure you will be a GL in no time.
I hope u find lots of support and help here
Good luck

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:08 am

Lol I am L.A. too
Another LA? lol...

I just want to drop-in and say Welcome Leonora. Good to have you here.

Like LA and fefe said, its never too late.. If you have a goal, you can reach there even if you are a 100! lol.. If you want to know anything at all, or need guidance or support, you can ask here. Thats why this website is for. All the best and keep in touch.