Looking for work

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
N.C
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Looking for work

Post by N.C » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am

Hello
Can anyone help me.
A friend of mine is looking for part time work {2-3 days per week) as an ECE. She is diploma qualified with 4+ years experience.

A position with a local council is her preference, however anything else would be great.

Much appreciated
N. C
Xx

Lorina

Re: Looking for work

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:14 pm

Hi N.C,

I would suggest looking at online sites such as seek.com and career one. Your friend can also look at joining childcare agencies where they can help your friend look for a permanent role. Another option is to contact local childcare services and ask, email resume etc. to them...

:geek:,
Lorina

Butterflyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Looking for work

Post by Butterflyblue » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:12 pm

Hi there!
You can try indeed and jora online.
Care for kids has lots of job listings:

https://www.childcarejobs.com.au/

Just pop in what your looking for - role, qualification required, location etc

If you would like to find a council job, look at council websites for openings and consider dropping off a cover letter and or CV in person or email to the council's Childrens/family department- you never know ;)

Signing up to an agency like McArthur is also a good idea. Agencies, especially the larger ones are given a lot of contracts in Melbourne including council operated childcares, kinders and other early childhood programs like playgroups etc.

https://www.mcarthur.com.au/job-search/ ... ge=0%2C300

It's also wise to consider short term roles in councils to get some work experience and get your foot in the door at the local government level.

Another option could be family day care (FDC) either as a family daycare educator or in a managerial role (coordinator, educational leader or nominated supervisor)

Not really northern suburbs but Kingston Council FDC are currently recruiting educational leaders (I don't work for/with them - just saw an ad on seek.com.au)

Good luck! :)