inquiry about working in childcare

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
lanashakir
Participator
Participator

inquiry about working in childcare

Post by lanashakir » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi everyone.
I have inquiry about working in childcare.
I got diploma in early childhood just before 3 weeks. Im currenty working casual in childcare and my director said if you want to work permnent with me you need to have certificate 3, unfortunately i dont have certificate 3 , im having only diploma. So now i don't know what i have to do.!!! Do i need to go to the college and do certificate 3 ????

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: inquiry about working in childcare

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:09 am

Hi,

I thought the cert 3 was included in the diploma????? Isn't that the first part of the diploma study????

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:18 pm

A Diploma Qualification is actually higher than a Cert 3 Qualification so I'm not sure why you need a cert 3 requirement and as Linsaa mentioned it's now embedded into the Diploma Qualification...

:geek:,
Lorina

lanashakir
Participator
Participator

Post by lanashakir » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:03 pm

I need certificate 3 becouse my director cant pay me as a diploma. She want to pay me as certificate 3. So she told me if you have certificate 3 i will hire you as a permanent.

lanashakir
Participator
Participator

Post by lanashakir » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Also my director said it is illegal if you have diploma and pay you as certificate 3. So she want certificate 3 inorder to pay me less.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:36 am

That is so ridiculous! She wants you to spend your money on a lower qualification which you don't need so she can pay you less it just doesn't make sense!! Dont bother seriously find another centre! She is your Director advising this!! Terrible!

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:12 am

How rude is that, to think she probably gets away with it too. I agree with Lorina, go elsewhere, after all the work you put into your Diploma you deserve to be paid accordingly. And if they take shortcuts that way I dread to think what else goes on there.
All the best
Linsaa fdc :wave: