How to get a Director's position.

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
jadey01

How to get a Director's position.

Post by jadey01 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi there,

I have a lot of experience in various roles in childcare. I have worked as an OSH assistant, assistant, group leader, assistant director, educational leader and Kinder teacher. I have been in LDC for eight years. I have all required first aid quals, nominated supervisor cert, diploma and finish my bachelor of Teaching this year.
What do I need to write on my resume to get it more noticed? I haven't received any phone calls.
What am I doing wrong?

Lorina

Re: How to get a Director's position.

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:41 am

Hi Jade,

I just messaged you a link on Facebook about the following article:

How To Get A Directors Position

It sounds like you have all the necessary experience, qualifications and skills required to become a director. When you hand in your resume do you add a cover letter? Maybe you could also include some ideas such as sustainability within the centre that you would like to implement if you would get the position as a director. Do you have a portfolio that you could show during your interview? This has evidence of the work you have done within centres to show off some of your skills and the experiences you have had.

You could also try going for private, small centres as well...

Just keep trying the right centre will come along for you,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: How to get a Director's position.

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:42 am

Another thing...

You mentioned that you have been a assistant director.. for how long? You may need to re-take this position to gain more experience...

:geek:,
Lorina