how old do you have to be to get a job

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
smily

how old do you have to be to get a job

Post by smily » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:57 am

hi l am 16 and l was just wondering how you have to be to get a job in childcare

Lorina

Re: how old do you have to be to get a job

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:35 pm

According to the new child care regulations you are able to get a job in Childcare if you're under 18 years of age, however you must be supervised at all times by someone 18 years or over and you cannot be left alone with the children or at the centre...

If you are wanting to work in Childcare I recommend you start with a certificate 3 traineeship. This will allow you to work and study at the same time and give you experience while working with children.

Let me know how you go,

Good Luck :geek:,
L.A

Miss_Annette

Post by Miss_Annette » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:35 am

Can someone of the age 16 work in the industry? if working alongside a staff member of 18 years or older?

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Macoola » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Hey I just wanted to ask based on this topic. When I finished my Cert 3 the new regs had just came out and my Tafe teacher told us that the new regs say you must be 17 or over to not have to be supervised by someone over 18?

If you go to

http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/sessi ... 11-653.pdf

On page 285 under '312 Qualifications for educators' It states that you must be 17 or older not 18 or older to be an educator that is counted in ratios?