HELP PLEASE!! what can I do with a bachelor of education?

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Cabotita

HELP PLEASE!! what can I do with a bachelor of education?

Post by Cabotita » Mon May 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi everyone!

I´m Carolina from Chile I´ve been in Australia around 3 months (Melbourne) and I would like to find a job related with kids. I used to be a teacher in my country, I really love it, but in Australia I need the qualification to be a teacher (I think because in my country we speak Spanish), as I´m just starting here I would like to know if I can work in child care with my bachelor of Education? or if I need any certificate to do that? I will be more than happy to do the course to get a certificate but first I need help to know what would be the best option, What do you recommend me to do? Can I work in primary school? but actually I prefer something like pre-school. In my country I worked two years as a teacher I don´t know if that could help in some way. I would really appreciate your help, pleaseeeeee!!!!

Thanks for your help =) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

MarkPowter
Participator
Participator

Re: HELP PLEASE!! what can I do with a bachelor of education?

Post by MarkPowter » Mon May 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Hello Cabotita!

I am unsure of what your current qualification would allow you to do in Australia but you did state that you wish to work in a pre-school. If this is the case, you will be required to complete a 6 month Certificate 3 In Children's Services at TAFE. If you were a teacher in Chile, I am sure you will find this rather easy and fit in quite well! Hopefully someone else can assist :)

Cabotita

Post by Cabotita » Tue May 20, 2014 6:55 am

Hi Mark thanks for your response, actually I thought pre school will be the most convinient option but also I don't know what can I do with my qualification :( I just hope I can do certificate or something similar, thanks again that is very nice from you ;)

wimble
Participator
Participator

Post by wimble » Wed May 21, 2014 4:28 am

you might look into getting your qualification recognised in some way but even primary teachers with degrees in australia need to do a certificate or diploma to work in preschool or childcare. So the short answer is you cannot do anything with your degree as it stands now (except doing the cert) if your wish is to work in preschool.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu May 22, 2014 5:36 am

I think it is beneficial for you to have your overseas qualification assessed to see if you are recognized as an educator with your current qualification...

For more info: http://www.acecqa.gov.au/educators-and- ... ApplyQuals

Good Luck,

:geek:,
L.A

Cabotita

Post by Cabotita » Fri May 23, 2014 11:22 am

Thanks Lorina for your response I will try to find more information there to find our what can I do, thanks again ;)

Cabotita

Post by Cabotita » Fri May 23, 2014 11:24 am

Thanks wimble! you are right in every work they have asked me about Australian qualilfication =( so I think the most suitable will be to start a type of course, thanks