Finding Work While Studying

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Claudie Cakes

Finding Work While Studying

Post by Claudie Cakes » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:57 am

Hi :)

My family and I are moving to NSW in 7 weeks, and I will be looking for work. I have been employed in the hospitality industry for several years, and before that, worked as a nurse.

I have no experience in the childcare industry, but I am enrolled and studying towards my diploma. I just want to clarify that I need to complete my first lot of placements, and after doing so, this should put me at cert III level and make me more attractive to potential employers?

Thanks for your help :)

Lorina

Re: Finding Work While Studying

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Welcome to NSW!

In regards to finding employment, according to ACECQA you will be "actively working towards" a qualification if you meet the following requirments:

Certificate III and Diploma

You are considered actively working towards an approved certificate III level qualification if you can provide documentary evidence from the course provider to your approved provider that you are:

enrolled in the course and have started study
making satisfactory progress towards completing the course
meeting the requirements to maintain enrolment.
You are considered actively working towards an approved diploma level qualification if you can satisfy all of the above and one of the following:

hold an approved certificate III level qualification OR
have completed the approved certificate III units

Ref: Activitely Working Towards Qualification

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Finding Work While Studying

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:53 pm

In regards to completing work placement, it doesn't mention anything like that on the ACECQA site except for "to be considered a Diploma you should have completed your cert 3 units". Having done work placement gives you an opportunity to get some hands-on experience however even if you haven't completed your work placement if you are applying for a cert 3 position the employer will assume that you haven't had much experience. As long as you can get across to the employer that you are eager to learn, you're hard working, this is your passion etc. then I don't think it matters whether or not you have completed work experience. You will be chosen if you're right for the job!

Good Luck!

:geek:,
Lorina