Employment based on your Training Provider

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Employment based on your Training Provider

Post by Macoola » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:19 am

I just have a quick question. Are you more likley to be employed or do employers prefer you to do your cert III or Diploma through TAFE? I am asking as I am not happy with my provider, at first they were alright but now my teacher never replies to my emails and is constantly telling me she is on leave and I have no one to contact for weeks until she returns, the she is back for a while and leaves again!! So I am considering doing my last few units of my diploma at Tafe instead but am not sure yet.

Any input would be great??

Thanks Macoola

Lorina

Re: Employment based on your Training Provider

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:44 pm

I don't think it makes a difference where you complete your qualification, as long as you are qualified I think that's all employers are concerned about. Have you already payed for your course at your current provider?

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 pm

I agree with LA, it really doesn't seem to matter - just that you are qualified is what's important. Many years ago TAFE qualifications were held in higher regard, but these days since the standards of private training has improved , its not the same issue.

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Macoola » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks fo the reassurance.

I have paid for alomst all my course now. So I am just going to stick it out, as it is such a process to change providers and I don't have long to go now. Knowing that it wont affect my job opportunities using a private provider is very comforting.

Thanks L.A. and Dulciean

Macoola

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:06 pm

I have worked with many people who have had quals from TAFE & pvt places. It does not make much difference, I just think people lean towards TAFE as it is cheaper sometimes. Employment-wise it should have no effect, as long as the provider is recognised that is all that counts