Childcare jobs and mining

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
rosie.
Participator
Participator

Childcare jobs and mining

Post by rosie. » Mon May 27, 2013 11:49 am

Is there anyone out there in the forum who works in a centre owned by a mining company? And if so, do you earn good money, as I have heard people in these centres do? Now I'm not saying all I care about is money lol but my hubby and I are just weighing up whether it is worth us both going to "the mines" or whether to stay where we are. We're weighing up relocating (I don't want my hubby to do FIFO) or staying with the house we own, our family, our pets etc so its a pretty big decision...

Thanks for any replies!

Lorina

Re: Childcare jobs and mining

Post by Lorina » Thu May 30, 2013 10:56 pm

Sorry I am going to be no use to you at all regarding your question as I haven't worked in a centre owned by a mining company..lol... :giggle:

It is a pretty big decision to relocate. Before you make the big move i think it's probably a good idea to go and see the centre for yourself and possibly try and secure a job position? at least you know then that if you move you got a job already waiting for you...

Are you currently working in Childcare? Would your husband be working in the mines?

:geek:,
L.A

rosie.
Participator
Participator

Re: Childcare jobs and mining

Post by rosie. » Fri May 31, 2013 8:48 am

Hi L.A,

That's ok! Yeah, we want to both have jobs lined before we go, if we decide to. Currently I'm only getting a small amount of relief work and yes, my hubby would be working in the mines, with any luck! We won't go if we can't live together though - that would sort of defeat the object! I don't like him to leave me for work :(

Rosie