Causal work......

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
racheli

Causal work......

Post by racheli » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi everyone.
I hope I don't sound crazy but I am considering going from a part time (contract) role in a more office based role (still in early childhood) to just doing causal work with a centre I use to work out (there are actually 3 from same company)

My reasons being that I really need more hours but won't get them at my current job due to funding. I know they are screaming for casual staff and I would get to keep my high hourly rate and have more work that I can handle. I have my own children who are in a mixture of school/day care and my husband is self employed so fairly flexible. My other reason is I have a daughter who requires OT this year and I figure this will allow me to choose my days if I need to.... I know causal isn't secure but at the moment I feel like I need the freedom a bit more.... Am I crazy? Lol! Has anyone else done this!?

Lorina

Re: Causal work......

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:30 am

Casual work does sound more appealing because the hours are flexible and the pay rate is more! I have worked as a causal and I liked the fact I was able to go to different centres and work with different educators and children... I think if casual work suits you and your families lifestyle then go for it!

:geek:,
Lorina