Canadian Early childhood educator looking for a sponsor

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
janine

Canadian Early childhood educator looking for a sponsor

Post by janine » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:57 am

Hello..

I am a qualified early childhood educator in Canada with over 15 yrs experience. I am looking at coming over seas in March. I have started the visa process and getting my credentials looked at and am now looking at finding a sponsor, but am needing some help on who to approach.. does anyone have any ideas...

Janine

Lorina

Re: Canadian Early childhood educator looking for a sponsor

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi Janine,

First of all, welcome to Aussie Childcare Network :wave: and Congratulations on your big move. I wish you all the best!

Regarding finding a sponsor, is this a requirement as part of the visa process? Are you looking for any particular state?

Honestly to tell you truth, I am not too sure on how it works when you are trying to find a sponsor and that too in early childhood services. I can imagine when you are beginning to look for one, it can seem like a massive job wondering where to start! If this is needed as part of visa requirements, did they give you any info or guide of some sort on how to start looking for a sponsor? Are you applying for the visa through a migration agent or are you doing it yourself? Do you know if there are any migration agents who may help you in finding an Employer sponsor?

Anyways, let me know on what you have found so far and I will try and help you out..

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Re: Canadian Early childhood educator looking for a sponsor

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi Janine,

I happened to come across some further information regarding the sponsorship you are after. From the info I read, apparently you can get a "Skill Regional Sponsored Visa" which basically means instead of getting a sponsorship from a workplace the state in which you live in can sponsor you instead. I am providing the link below of where you can find more information. If you qualify, maybe you should look at getting this instead because this is probably easier to obtain than getting sponsored from work.

Here is the link: http://www.australia-migration.com/page ... nsored/326

Let me know how you go,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A