Becoming A Provider of A Service

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Mel82

Becoming A Provider of A Service

Post by Mel82 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:54 pm

Hi I would like some advice on a business venture into becoming provider of a service with an associate being stakeholders and myself being provider and director

Butterflyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Business venture

Post by Butterflyblue » Sat May 29, 2021 1:31 am

I'm guessing you are talking about opening your own ecec service?

You could purchase a franchised childcare centre. You will be the approved provider of the service and the company are the stakeholders

If you mean an associate to be someone you already know that would be a general business decision with staff, stakeholders, board etc

You are free to hire/appoint whoever you want within the law.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer :)

Mani.k

Post by Mani.k » Sat May 29, 2021 8:02 pm

Hello there,

Yes, I want to open my ELC and don't want to go for franchise.
Is it possible to buy house and turn into ELC,if yes then what would be the requirements and procedures ?
How can I apply for the approval?

Butterflyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Butterflyblue » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:27 pm

You could buy a house and turn it into a childcare centre but a domestic house might present a lot of hoops to jump through to be legally up to scratch

Some options could be to
-  buy a non franchised centre and rebrand.
This way you don't need to build a facility but can renovate or refurbish instead

- buy an already existing facility that isn't a childcare and turn it into one. This is like the inbetween option

- buy a property and build a centre on it. This way you can design whatever you want

There are two main parts to opening a childcare
Firstly register your early childhood education and care service with the Goverment and receive provider, service and subsidy approvals

The other is to be compliant with local and state law related to your business. The requirements and procedures would be related to lots of factors. You need to be registered before your build, purchase etc a childcare.

You can't just build a childcare you'll need council permission, they'll then give you a permit, do zoning, check building codes have been followed etc They can also allocate conditions on the use of the property, maintenance required etc

Generally buying an existing childcare is cheaper, building a new place is a very expensive endeavour.
Childcare in general is high risk, even more so with covid so consider hiring a consultant and take some time to research and plan, its a numbers game.

Put some links below hope its helpful ;)

https://www.acecqa.gov.au/resources/ope ... ew-service

https://www.realcommercial.com.au/news/ ... are-centre

https://www.seekbusiness.com.au/busines ... -childcare

https://www.careforkids.com.au/

soulahoin

Post by soulahoin » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:09 am

In my personal experience, I embarked on an e-commerce venture offering handmade crafts and accessories. What I've learned along the way might assist you on your path:
First and foremost, having a clear vision of your service and understanding your niche and target audience is paramount. This clarity will serve as your guiding light throughout your business journey.

mariahcarey

Post by mariahcarey » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:45 pm

Mani.k wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:02 pm
Hello there,

Yes, I want to open my ELC and don't want to go for franchise.
Is it possible to buy house and turn into ELC,if yes then what would be the requirements and procedures ?
How can I apply for the approval?
Yes, it's definitely possible to open your Early Learning Centre (ELC) without opting for a franchise. Converting a house into an ELC is a common approach, but it involves several steps to ensure compliance with regulations and to provide a safe and suitable environment for children. Here are the general steps and requirements:

Research and Planning:

Research local regulations and licensing requirements for early learning centers in your area. Different jurisdictions may have specific rules, so it's crucial to understand and comply with them.

Plan the layout and design of your ELC, considering safety, accessibility, and age-appropriate spaces for children.

Zoning and Permits:

Check local zoning regulations to ensure that the property you plan to purchase is zoned for educational or childcare use.wordle

Obtain the necessary permits for converting a residential property into a commercial one. This may include building permits and zoning variances.

Licensing and Approval:

Contact the relevant regulatory body or licensing agency responsible for approving early learning centers in your area. This could be a local or state government department.

Obtain the necessary application forms for licensing and approval. You may need to provide detailed information about the facility, staff qualifications, health and safety measures, and educational programs.

Submit Application:

Complete the application for licensing and approval, providing all necessary documentation and information.

Pay any required fees associated with the application process.

Shefs

Re: Becoming A Provider of A Service

Post by Shefs » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:13 pm

Hi All,

Can someone help me please with provider approval exam study material, it would be very helpful.

Thanks
Shefali

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:07 pm

Anonymous Post

It is an open book test, you can access the NL, NR, NQF, EYLF and MTOP online and request for a hard copy by emailing the department before the assessment date.

Maneuvering the online features of the assessment is also a task so you have to make sure that you ask any questions regarding accessing the information, how to go back to questions you missed etc before clicking the start button.

The officers will be there to assist you before you click START and the 75 minutes starts.

anusha waqar

Post by anusha waqar » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:33 pm

Hi Lorina,
I am a diploma qualified Educator and working in childcare field for about 5 years. I am planning to start my own family day care scheme and was wondering if you can help me out of how to make FDC policies and procedures without any cost.

TIA

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:20 pm

anusha waqar wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:33 pm
Hi Lorina,
I am a diploma qualified Educator and working in childcare field for about 5 years. I am planning to start my own family day care scheme and was wondering if you can help me out of how to make FDC policies and procedures without any cost.

TIA
This may help:

Polices and Procedures

:geek:,
Lorina