Blue Card

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Shantel82

Blue Card

Post by Shantel82 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Hello
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post so sorry if it isn't!
I am currently studying my diploma so I have my student blue card, however I have the opportunity to go on as relief at my local Kindergarten.
Being that I am actually working towards being a kindergarten teacher I believe this will help.
Is it possible to get a working blue card being as relief? I do have another centre to put my name down as relief also.
The teacher/director at my preferred kindergarten has said she will fill in any paperwork I need.
Should I do this? Will it be valid?

Regards
Shantel

Lorina

Re: Blue Card

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:12 pm

Yeah before you can start working with children itself you need to hold a valid blue card. So,you must get the necessary paperwork and get it done... Then this will enable you to work as a relief. Your student one doesn't apply you have to submit another application form...

For more info:

http://www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au/bluecard/v ... ecard.html

:geek:,
L.A

Shantel82

Re: Blue Card

Post by Shantel82 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Thanks L.A
I know the student card won't cut it to work but can you just get a card doing relief. I looked on the site and it said working one day a month for 6 months but what happens if you don't work that?