Advice on Re-entering the industry!

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
appleashley

Advice on Re-entering the industry!

Post by appleashley » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:48 pm

Well Sort of!
Hi. My name is Ashley, and I'm looking at getting back into the industry as I am not happy with my current job and need a change.
5 years ago I obtained my diploma but never really looked for a job in a centre. The centres around my area all seem to require 2 centre based references. However seeing as though I have never formally worked in a centre I don't have any, and both the centres I did my prac at have completely new staff. Would it be best to just re start everything and find a traineeship or somehow find the time to volunteer?

Lorina

Re: Advice on Re-entering the industry!

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:38 pm

Since you already have a Diploma you will need to check with ACECQA to find out if your current qualification is approved. If it is, then maybe you could start off as a casual at a few centres around your area to gain some experience and from their you can get yourself into full time work. If you want to do a Traineeship that's fine as well but since you already have your Diploma I'm not too sure if you are eligible for it. You could also look for work as an assistant within the room just until you gain some more hand on experience, then once you are comfortable you can find a room leader position...

You can check here to see if your qualification is approved:

Qualification Checker

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Advice on Re-entering the industry!

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:42 pm

If you need any further information, let me know and I'll see what I can find...

:geek:,
Lorina