Actively Working Towards ECT/Primary

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
cm99

Actively Working Towards ECT/Primary

Post by cm99 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:10 am

Hi,

I am currently in my first year of my Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary). I am currently employed as an educator assistant at a long daycare.

I understand that I am equivalent to Diploma qualified when I have completed 50% of my degree as well as can be considered an ECT.

However, at what point in my degree am I cert 3 equivalent? Will I be counted in the qualified ratios? Can I be a group leader with a cert 3 equivalent? Do I get a pay rise as a cert 3 equivalent?

Sorry for the paragraph of questions!
Thanks in advance.

Lorina

Re: Actively Working Towards ECT/Primary

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:51 pm

Hi!

You can be considered as a Diploma Qualified (since you are doing your degree) once you have completed 30% of your approved ECT qualification. You can continue to work as an Assistant with a Diploma Qualification and in this case, you should be on level 3.4 of the pay rate.

Once you have met these requirements of the Diploma level, yes you can be a group leader (pay level will change to Level 4.1 in this case).

In regards to completing 50% of your degree, this is only to be considered as an ECT, for consideration of a Diploma level you only need to have completed 30% of your ECT qualification.

For more information: Actively Working Towards

:geek:,
Lorina