22 Years Old & Too Childish?

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
beagle.kate

22 Years Old & Too Childish?

Post by beagle.kate » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:33 am

Hi,

I'm nearly 22 and am about to study my diploma. I'm really excited, but have concerns of what people might think of me in the workplace and at study. I hope this is the right topic board for this post!

The thing is; I'm so excited to start study in July, that I've already got all my stationary ready. It's all Smiggle brand and all green. Do you think in my college, and at my work placements, that people will think I'm too immature to be looking after babies?

I feel like I'm mature enough, I'm like other 22 year olds, I just like cool and cute things to work/study with and Smiggle provides that. Will I be picked on or scrutinised for this?

Thanks for your help guys!

simone.moon10

Re: 22 Years Old & Too Childish?

Post by simone.moon10 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi I am studying my Diploma at the moment FT at TAFE 3 days a week, I am 35 years old and absolutly love it. Most of the girls in my class are your age or younger and many of them have matured and blossomed as they have gone through, we all started in CERT 111 there was 33 of us now there is only 11 of us left but we are like a second family we all support and help each other, They call me there TAFE Mum not that I mind. Goodluck and don't worry people should accept you for who you are just concentrate pn your studies and you will be fine.
CHEERS
SIMONE :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi Simone,

I love Smiggles!! I use a pink 2011 diary and a maze pen at work that I bought from Smiggles and I'm older than you :lol: ... All the children at my centre know that these belong to me and when a child gets upset I give em my maze pen to cheer them up :D No one is going to care that you like cutesy stuff! Trust me you going to be far too busy with the children & study than to be worrying about this...

Don't worry you'll be fine!

:geek:,
L.A

beagle.kate

Post by beagle.kate » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Thanks guys!
You've made me feel a lot better. I'm going to keep using my Smiggle stuff and hold my head high - I hope lol.
Thanks again.

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Post by Misse84 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:36 pm

I am 27 and when I got my traineeship I was so excited about getting things for TAFE ! :D

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:35 pm

I am 35 and I say mentally I am about 5 :lol:
Works in my favour ... I do not think one can be TOO mature and serious when working with Children
The fact you love smiggle stuff (isn't is cool, i CANNOT be in that shop without wanting everything!!!) is not something anyone should hold against you, I use smiggle stuff all the time... my Montessori kids LOVED the automatic pencil sharpener, my assistant never had to sharpen a pencil ever !!!
I always did silly fun things with my kids in class and yet when it was time to be serious and authoritative I was that too, I think a good teacher learns to amalgamate the fun & the serious.
My kids always used to say "you're silly" to me and I took it as a complement indeed
Be yourself and do not fret over what others may think of you

beagle.kate

Post by beagle.kate » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all your support. College starts in two weeks and I'm excited, but still very nervous. It's been a while since I've left Uni and I've been quite unwell lately. With all the support on here though, I'm sure I'll make t through ok.

Thanks again, you're all so considerate and honest.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Im sure you will be fine
As long as you enjoy what u have chosen to do you will be fine & as you said there is lots of support here should you ever get stuck with something

Sharlene J

Post by Sharlene J » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Quite simply it sounds like you're just excited and want to be organised and ready to go...nothing like a bit of enthusiasm!! Study hard and you'll be fine!