Performing As An Effective Support Worker

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
mummyto3
Helper
Helper

Performing As An Effective Support Worker

Post by mummyto3 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:40 pm

Explain some of the knowledge you require to enable you to perform as an effective education support worker. Think of your job description/role. What types of behaviours make you a competent and productive worker?

is this things like being aware of timetables, school schedules
be aware of my role and duties
ensure I understand my job description
prioritise
Have a to do list

Lorina

Re: Performing As An Effective Support Worker

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:44 pm

I found this in a job description which may apply for your question above:
Capacity to undertake routine support tasks across a range of functions in one or more work areas within a school environment.

Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively with members of the school community including students and the capacity to provide support and/or attendant care to students where necessary.

Demonstrated proficiency in the use of office systems, software or technical equipment as relevant to the position.

Capacity to work cooperatively with a range of people including teachers, education support, students and parents.

A commitment to professional learning and growth.

Ref: Educational Support Worker

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina