Becoming a professional

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Priyagood
Participator
Participator

Becoming a professional

Post by Priyagood » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCORG428A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Becoming a professional means more than gaining a qualification. It requires a commitment to life-long learning, the application of sound judgment and adherence to ethical practices.
Go to the Childhood Australia website: www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au to access a copy of the Code of Ethics.
VII. In relation to myself as a professional, I will:
2. Regard myself as a learner who undertakes reflection, critical self-study, continuing professional development and engages with contemporary theory and practice.
A) Describe two strategies that you could use to demonstrate your commitment to ongoing learning in relation to the above statement.
B) The following values and processes are considered central to the Code of Ethics:
• respect
• democracy
• honesty
• integrity
• justice
• courage
• inclusivity
• social and cultural responsiveness
• education
Select two of these values and describe how you can demonstrate their application as an Early Childhood professional.
C) You are required to plan a team workshop (50 minutes) that explores the nine values and processes central to the Code of Ethics.
Your task is to challenge individuals to reflect on these values and how they impact on daily practices and interactions.
Outline your workshop, the strategies and resources you will use and how you will evaluate the workshop.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
A)
-I will endeavour to remain current in my professional knowledge about the continuum of child development and the pedagogy related to early learning, curriculum, programme planning, parenting and family dynamics.
- I will base my work on contemporary perspectives on research, theory, content knowledge, high quality early childhood practices and my understandings of the children and families with whom I work.

B)
I will Respect the rights of children as enshrined in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (1991) and commit to advocating for these rights.
- I will Encourage my colleagues to adopt and act in accordance with this Code, and take action in the presence of unethical behaviours.

C) I don't understand what I have to write in this coz I show in code of ethics it's only eight ethics.and workshop means what ?it's some short of training which we can give during staff meeting.

Description and Message:
Hi ,
I wrote my answer as per my understanding pls can anyone tell me is it right or not and I have a problem with last question if any one have a idea about that can u pls share with me ...
Thanks.

Lorina

Re: Becoming a professional

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:04 am

For part c) you need to plan a workshop for your team in regards to the following:

1) respect
2) democracy
3) honesty
4) integrity
5) justice
6) courage
7) inclusivity
8) social and cultural responsiveness
9) education

So for each above maybe you could do a scenario or find a video on youtube that shows each of the points above and ask questions at the end to your team about how they are currently implementing them throughout the day with children or through practice.

If you're doing the video idea this can help: http://www.watchknowlearn.org/Category. ... oryID=7817

This isn't the only option just one a sparingly came up with...

Hope this gives you an idea to get started,

:geek:,
L.A