provide care for children chccn302a- Consistent Routine

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
anhiyas

provide care for children chccn302a- Consistent Routine

Post by anhiyas » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:23 pm

hello to everyone i need some help to this questions ans im struggling and doubt my answer.

Write some of the characteristics of a quality routine?
My answer is, consistency.. pls give me some other idea as teacher need much. thank you

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: provide care for children chccn302a

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Daily routines also offer children a sense of stability, and a feeling of warmth and caring from their teachers. The challenge is to develop appropriate daily routines for children which offer them a sense of consistency and security, yet remain flexible and responsive to the individual needs of each child.

anhiyas

Re: provide care for children chccn302a

Post by anhiyas » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:09 am

thank you fefe76 for your quick response,but how about thi question below can u tell me if im on the right track please.

Questions . what strategies to help the children to settle at sleep /rest time?
My answer is, a darkened and relaxing room,offer a child warm and cuddle, read them one or two short stories , provide a healthy lunch or snack before nap.
Question 2. What strategies could use for those who children who no longer need to sleep?
My answer is .Provide them some interesting activities like for example in the sandpit and home corner that they can spent there time pretending. . . pls give me some idea of these two questions. thank you