Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Cultural saftey

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Chloesbear

Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Cultural saftey

Post by Chloesbear » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Hello,
i am incredibly confused and stuck with a bunch of questions as i missed this unit in class and was wondering if i could get some help.
i have tried to answer some of the questions but i do not think they are right. i do not have much information and everything i research has not made sense to me.

Q:How has European settlement impacted past and present power relations of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People?

Q: What is meant by cultural competence in the context of cultural safety in health and community services?

A: Cultural competence requires us to examine our own cultural identity and biases in order to be more accepting of others, and support the implementation and children's understanding of inclusive practices.

Q: what is meant by cultural awareness in the context of cultural safety in health and community services?

A: cultural awareness is the first step towards understanding each others cultural differences.

Q:outline the importance of law in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultures.

please help and thank you.

Chloesbear

Re: Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Cultural saftey

Post by Chloesbear » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:33 am

thank you so much