Professional Boundaries

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Krisi101

Professional Boundaries

Post by Krisi101 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi, I'm currently doing my certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and I'm currently stuck on something. I need to find out how you would know what the professional boundaries are. I've currently answered it with:

"How do you know what these boundaries are?"

"These boundaries should be outlined in the center's Policies and Procedures book under work roles. They can also be found in the Early Childhood Management Services 2.3 Operations
The duty of Care document."

My teacher has asked me to expand on the question more but I can't seem to find anything else.

EmilyWood

Re: Professional Boundaries

Post by EmilyWood » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:26 am

I think it would depend on each individual situation and as you mentioned, the centre's policies.

As a guide, my professuonal boundaries would include:
-language used with other educators/professionals within a work context (ie. On this forum) and
-language used with children and families, eg. No slang or swear words. Not being too 'familiar' with individuals.
- keeping people's privacy.
- being mindful of how you conduct yourself on social media
-use 'professional' language eg. when refering to children and development/programs etc.

Also, in my oppinion, keeping it 'professional' would include being an advocate for industry/children's rights etc. as well as being a positive rep. for the industry.

http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org. ... de-ethics/

Hope this helps
Emily