HLTOHS300AC- Contribute to OHS processes_Assignment 1_Element 1

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Betty123

HLTOHS300AC- Contribute to OHS processes_Assignment 1_Element 1

Post by Betty123 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:08 pm

For this task I had to look at various photographs and identified strategies demonstrated in each scenario to min. risk of personal injury and describe how the risk is being minimised. Below is what I have done and the scenarios I am having trouble with:
B. Comforting child - the photo shows a carer squatting down in a balanced posture comforting a child, it appears she is resting her weight on her left foot while balancing her butt on her other foot (sorry if my description is unclear here, not sure how to scan this photo onto this website).
My answer to this so far, the strategy used is squatting down to the child's level rather than bending down to comfort child and how this helps to avoid personal injury, it avoids back and neck strain....not a very good answer I know, any input/ideas?

D. Removing cover from sandpit - the photo shows two carers working together to remove a sandpit cover
I know the strategy has to do with working in pairs, but not sure how this helps to avoid personal injury...help please.

F. Using a long-handle dustpan & brush - the photo shows a carer cleaning the floor using these equipments, it appears her knees are slightly bent while cleaning.
My answer so far, strategy used, use of cleaning equipment suitable for adult height. How this helps to avoid personal injury, it eliminate the need to bend down to reach the floor level while cleaning. Any other ideas?

Thank you everyone in advance for reading and sharing their ideas =)
Betty

sandi28
Participator
Participator

Re: HLTOHS300AC- Contribute to OHS processes_Assignment 1_Element 1

Post by sandi28 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:56 pm

:) I am just getting to the end of my Cert. III so I will give you my ideas;
B. Yes, that is right I think instead of bending down, however, If you want to expand on this you could suggest that you lead the child by the hand to a bench/seat that is comfortable for you and sit down and then comfort the child at their level or sit them next to you or on your lap.
D. By two people lifting the cover on the sandpit it means that you half the work load and only have to bend and lift once.
F. Exactly correct, that is the way I would answer it and add less strain on the back.
Hope thois helps you.

australia
Participator
Participator

Post by australia » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:34 pm

please help me in that...
Where does the centre get current and up-to-date information on current hygiene practices?
Give at least one (1) local council/health organisation/public health unit and one (1) additional resource (website, journals, books, etc.) the centre accesses.
You may need to ask your supervisor or other educators for you to be able to complete this question.
Local council/health organisation/public health units:

Additional resource:

Provide one (1) example of the information the centre has currently researched on current hygiene practice from the sources/resources that you have written in the previous question.
Give a brief description of the information, for example: “There is new practice on how centres can actively support children to learn hygiene practices using modelling and role playing.”

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:35 am

Where does the centre get current and up-to-date information on current hygiene practices?

This is to be done during work placement...

:geek:,
Lorina