HLTHIR403C - Resources & Assistance In Relation To Cultural Diversity

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kelseyelycebyrne

HLTHIR403C - Resources & Assistance In Relation To Cultural Diversity

Post by kelseyelycebyrne » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: HLTHIR403C work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
What resources and assistance are available within the service/centre and wider community in relation to cultural diversity issues? where would you get this support?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I answered this question, but my assessor wants me to answer "where would you get this support from?"

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

MissJen

Re: HLTHIR403C - Resources & Assistance In Relation To Cultural Diversity

Post by MissJen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:58 pm

this was my last assignment and I passed with this answer:

Internally:
I would speak with my center’s director/are manager. Ask her for advice, or if there were any resources we had on site that could be assistance for this situation. Also ask if we have someone available as a Cultural interpreter.
(I personally agree that such pictures should have been weeded out, though I understand that things get missed. I would hope that my sincere embarrassment and apology, was made apparent by my demeanor, even if there was a lack of strong linguistic understanding.)

Externally:
Children from culturally diverse backgrounds are supported in using Commonwealth-funded child care services through Supplementary Services (SUPS) workers (or Children’s Services Resource and Development Officers (CSRDO’s) as they are known in Victoria). The role of SUPS workers is to support and train child care staff in the provision of suitable care and programs for children with specific needs, which includes children from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds. There are also some ethno-specific child care services available, such as Multifunctional Aboriginal children’s services (MACS), which aim to meet the specific social and developmental needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children