HAVE NO IDEA :(

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
GCgirl

HAVE NO IDEA :(

Post by GCgirl » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:50 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Hi I have a question in my module that says * List ways you can work with the children in your your care in a holistic philosophical framework???

This is the 8th module I am on and this is pretty muchthe only question that I am really stuck on.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I know holisitc is the present moment but not sure about the present with the EYLF but I am a bit confused as to what my answer should even look like.

Description and Message:

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: HAVE NO IDEA :(

Post by cathiek » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:46 pm

GCgirl

I have attached an excerpt from the EYLF in relation to holistic learning. It may help put you on the right track:

Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) describes:
Holistic approaches to teaching and learning recognize the connectedness of mind, body and spirit. When early childhood educators take a holistic approach they pay attention to children’s physical, personal, social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing as well as cognitive aspects of learning. While educators may plan or assess with a focus on a particular outcome or component of learning, they see children’s learning as integrated and interconnected. They recognize the connections between children, families and communities and the importance of reciprocal relationships and partnerships for learning. They see learning as a social activity and value collaborative learning and community participation. An integrated, holistic approach to teaching and learning also focuses on connections to the natural world. Educators foster children’s capacity to understand and respect the natural environment and the interdependence between people, plants, animals and the land (DEEWR, 2009).
I hope this gives you a starting point.
Cathiek