ECED1072 POSITIVE GUIDANCE ASSIGNMENT

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
hind90

ECED1072 POSITIVE GUIDANCE ASSIGNMENT

Post by hind90 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:24 pm

hello,
I need your help please I have these scenarios can you please help me to answer the questions.

SCENARIO #2: Preschoolers
As Abdi (boy, age 2 ½ years) enters the daily living center, Jessie (girl, age 5 years) shouts, “You can’t
play here! This is my house”. Abdi steps back and frowns. His bottom lips trembles. He brings his hands
up to his mouth and places his fingertips into his mouth. He looks toward the floor and begins to cry.
Jessie looks at Abdi and says, “Sorry Abdi… You can come to my house to visit me. Sit on the chair. Do
you want some supper?”
SCENARIO #3: School-age children :
A group of three seven-year-old girls are playing a board game called Candyland. They are taking
turns rolling the dice and moving game pieces around the game board. Xinxin (girl, age 6 years)
approaches the table where the girls are playing. Crystal, one of the seven-year-old girls, looks up at
Xinxin and says, “You can’t play with us. We don’t like you.” Crystal turns to the other two girls she is
playing the game with and says, “We don’t like her, right?”

the questions :
1- what is the developmental level of the children involved?
2- what is the purpose of the behavior from the children's point of view?
3- how the children might describe their feelings?
4- what can you say in this situation and give examples using quotations?
5- what can you do to help children? and give specific examples of physical actions
6- explain how you would make changes in the environment.

please please please please I need your help

dipixa

Re: ECED1072 POSITIVE GUIDANCE ASSIGNMENT

Post by dipixa » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:41 pm

hind90 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:24 pm
hello,
I need your help please I have these scenarios can you please help me to answer the questions.

SCENARIO #2: Preschoolers
As Abdi (boy, age 2 ½ years) enters the daily living center, Jessie (girl, age 5 years) shouts, “You can’t
play here! This is my house”. Abdi steps back and frowns. His bottom lips trembles. He brings his hands
up to his mouth and places his fingertips into his mouth. He looks toward the floor and begins to cry.
Jessie looks at Abdi and says, “Sorry Abdi… You can come to my house to visit me. Sit on the chair. Do
you want some supper?”
SCENARIO #3: School-age children :
A group of three seven-year-old girls are playing a board game called Candyland. They are taking
turns rolling the dice and moving game pieces around the game board. Xinxin (girl, age 6 years)
approaches the table where the girls are playing. Crystal, one of the seven-year-old girls, looks up at
Xinxin and says, “You can’t play with us. We don’t like you.” Crystal turns to the other two girls she is
playing the game with and says, “We don’t like her, right?”

the questions :
1- what is the developmental level of the children involved?
2- what is the purpose of the behavior from the children's point of view?
3- how the children might describe their feelings?
4- what can you say in this situation and give examples using quotations?
5- what can you do to help children? and give specific examples of physical actions
6- explain how you would make changes in the environment.

please please please please I need your help