Culture and Competence

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kiranpabla

Culture and Competence

Post by kiranpabla » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi. Can anyone just crosscheck these True (T) and False (F) and give their valuable suggestions.

T a) Children from Indigenous families who are being taken away “for their own good” suffer negative effects in the long term.
T b) Diversity is present only when people of different races and ethnicities are involved.
T c) Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families may resist participation in Early Childhood Education and Care settings because they want to protect both themselves and their children from experiencing racism.
T d) Low expectations of Aboriginal children in schools may come about as the result of stereotyping and racism from early childhood workers.
T e) English is not the first language of many Aboriginal children, so retaining information taught in the classroom may be difficult.
F f) Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people cannot be included in the national census unless they have homes with land titles.
F g) Some Aboriginal families may not want to use services that are seen as catering to families from lower socio-economic groups because they do not want their own family to be identified with this group.
F h) Many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families are reluctant to trust and deal with mainstream services, particularly those services connected with child welfare agencies, because of the connection to the history of the Stolen Generations.
T i) Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families are no longer reluctant to trust and deal with mainstream services, particularly those services connected with child welfare agencies, because of the connection to the history of the Stolen Generations.
F j) Forcing children from Indigenous families to learn English is justified because they are now able to express themselves freely at school.
T k) The definition of diversity includes people of different cultural backgrounds, even if they are from the same race or ethnicity.

Lorina

Re: Culture and Competence

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:12 pm

I think G)T, F)T, I)F,

:geek:,
Lorina

kiranpabla

Post by kiranpabla » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:55 am

Thank you so much Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:52 pm

You're most welcome!

:geek:,
Lorina

simoneSfc

Post by simoneSfc » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:02 am

Hi there
Did you get the results for the above question? I am thinking of that b) is False as there says only. Also, Im not quite sure about F,H,I

Regards,
Simone

Niku

Post by Niku » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Hello all,

I think F) should be False and I) should be True, not sure about G.
Actually I googled them and found F-F and I-T.

Just want to double check.

Thanks and Regards,
Niku :)