Contribute WHO PROCESS

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bhavya.b.s
Participator
Participator

Contribute WHO PROCESS

Post by bhavya.b.s » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Assessment 2
Task 1
1 AND Scenarios
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Sue (educator)
Sue had been hanging some pictures on the wall when suddenly the ladder she
was climbing on gave way and she fell, hitting her head and becoming
unconscious. You heard the scream and ran to find Sue lying on the floor in an
awkward position. Some children in her group were crying.
a. Describe your immediate actions in this emergency situation.

b. What report forms would need to be completed after this incident? How long does report form need to be kept?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I THINK THE I SHOULD CALL FOR ASSISTANT AND GIVE SUE TO IMMEDIATE CPR TO MAKE HER CONSCIOUS.THE SECOND QN ANSWER I DNT KNOW.IS THAT ACCIDENT FORM TO complete after this incident.

Description and Message:

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Contribute WHO PROCESS

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:21 am

1. I think you need to go over your First Aid properly again....there are other things you do before you approach a person to perform CPR.

2. Call the assistant ... for what? You have not mentioned why you are calling her... is she doing anything? meant to do anything?

3. How long do you keep the report for? if you do not know ask at your workplace. They will know.

bhavya.b.s
Participator
Participator

Re: Contribute WHO PROCESS

Post by bhavya.b.s » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:50 pm

If the person appears unconscious, tap or shake sue’s shoulder and ask loudly, "Are you OK?"
If she doesn't respond and call for help, ask the co-worker to call 911 or the local emergency number and I should begin CPR. If I am alone in the room, I should immediate access to a telephone, call 911 before beginning CPR case, begin CPR for one minute