CHCPR301A-Scenario: Preschoolers Interested in Road Works

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Betty123

CHCPR301A-Scenario: Preschoolers Interested in Road Works

Post by Betty123 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:11 am

Hi guys, having problem answering assigment questions again...please share your ideas, thanks.

Scenario:
Several preschool aged children have been interested in the road works that are taking place outside of the service. They begin dragging the large outdoor blocks to the sandpit. They call out to you to 'Come and watch the enormous digging machine'.

Q1. What questions could you ask to gain a deeper insight into the children's interest?
Ans. What can you see? what is the machine doing? What do you think will happen next? Would you like to work with the machine and why. (These are my thoughts but not sure if I am on the right track)

Q2. How could you collaborate with the children to include exeriences in the program which build on their interest?
Ans. Next time they are playing in the sandpit, give them toy digging machines and allow them to act out the experience. (Again, all other inputs will be greatly appreciated)

Another exercise I am having problem relates to learning for children 2-3 yr old:
Scenario: Plastic fruit
Q1. How might 2-3 yr olds sort this collection of fruit compared to 4-5 yr olds?
Ans. 2-3 I said by color and size, 4-5 I said by touch and taste

Q2. Suggest a question that you could ask each age group.
2-3: Can you find yellow coloured fruit?
4-5: Can you pick out all the fruit with bumpy skin?

Thank you for your help!
Betty
Last edited by Lorina on Fri May 17, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Betty123

Re: CHCPR301A Provide experiences to support children's play and learning

Post by Betty123 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:36 am

fefe, LA...ideas/help anyone?

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCPR301A Provide experiences to support children's play and learning

Post by cathiek » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi Betty

Just a few ideas that I thought of that you might like to include...

Q1. You could ask the chn if they have seen machines like these before & what were they doing. Why do they need machines like this? Do they know anyone who drives big machines like these?

Q2. I would suggest adding water to the sandpit to allow the chn to make 'cement' so they could really do construction work in there.

Q3. For sorting fruit - at that young age they might sort it by whether they like the fruit or not. Even chn in my class 3-4 yo - would often sort by whether it was 'yucky' or not LOL.

Q4. Could you extend the learning for the older group by asking them to make a pattern with the fruit?

Anyway these are just a few ideas. Hope I am on the right track for what you are looking for.

Cheers
Cathiek