CHCPR301A - Individual Children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Sadie1

CHCPR301A - Individual Children

Post by Sadie1 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi im alomost finished my cert 3 & im just stuck on a few questions! would be great if you could help me out please!! i really need some help with this question as i am unsure how to do a story or learning?

Question:
Give an example of an occasion when you have developed a child's interest and provided them with extra materials for their play, describe the play and the childrens responces. what information led you to make the decision to do this? use a story of learning to document your findings.

Lorina

Re: CHCPR301A - Individual Children

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Nicole,

I'm pretty sure a story of learning is probably the same as learning story. Basically this is a written account of the experience a child or a group of children got involved in. In the learning story, you describe what happened during the experience, the comments the child (or) children made, what they learnt from the experience etc... For example:

Jack's Zoo Adventure

Today, Jack was very excited to show us the photos of his adventure to the zoo over the weekend. He brought in photos to share with us during news. "I went to the zoo and I saw the giraffe. I got to feed it and it licked my hand. It was disgusting" Jack described. After Jack's exciting news he decided to make his very own zoo. "I want to use the animals and the blocks to make a zoo" Jack said. He took the blocks and the animals off the shelf and made a zoo. "Here is the pool for the seals and here are where the tigers are. This is a cave were the baby cubs can hide". Jack explained. etc...

Hopefully this should give you an idea on how to get started. Think about a scenario where a child showed an interest in something, what happened and what did the child say?

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCPR301A - Individual Children

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:35 pm

I find it easy to take pics to accompany my learning stories as it gives a visual perspective + i always put a follow up on the experience and then write that down once I have done it