CHCORG303A - scenario

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
neetlee44

CHCORG303A - scenario

Post by neetlee44 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Hello, I'm a bit stuck on what to do for this scenario.. Could someone please help me or tell me if I am on the right track.
2. It is your responsibility to report any issues you have, relating to policies, procedures and the structure of the organisation to you supervisor.
Write a paragraph explaining what you would do in the following scenario. Think carefully about your role and responsibilities in the work environment.
You are a new staff member in the Toddlers room of a new Child Care Centre. You have read the policy file and your job description carefully. The centres OHS policy clearly states that effective hand washing is a method of preventing the spread of germs in the centre. The hand washing procedure is displayed on the bathroom wall. You notice that when outside, a qualified staff member is not following the procedure. He wets his hands at the sink very quickly and dries them on his shirt. You have observed children doing the same.
Maybe use Conflict resolution strategies (using 'I' statements) as in talking to the Q.S.M and saying 'I think that we should start to make a point of following the procedure more closely and washing our hands correctly as Iam noticing the children aren't doing it properly etc.Also maybe teach the children the procedure again. Then if things don't change maybe then go to the co-odinator.

Lorina

Re: CHCORG303A - scenario

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Hey Neetlee,

You are on the right track with your response to this question... you could also talk to the OH&S representative at your centre about what you have observed. Maybe, you can also suggest that all staff need to re-read the hand washing policy to make sure all staff are correctly washing their hands. You could also take photos of the procedures the children should follow to wash their hands correctly and stick them above the sinks. Another idea, is too simply explain to the children why they wash their hands (to reduce the spread of germs, which make you sick etc)...

Hopefully this should give you some further suggestions to add to your response,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A