CHCIC301D - Bullying scenario

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jeska

CHCIC301D - Bullying scenario

Post by Jeska » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Hey Guys just need a lil help finishing this assignment in regards to a scenario :S

Scenario:
3 Children who are in yr 5 in the OSHC program are reported by one of the older children (yr 7) to be bullying an 8 yr old boy in the group. You have noticed times when this child has seemed left out and heard him being ridiculed but were too busy at times to become involved in the situation..

the last section i have to cover is:
- Any relevant sections of acts or regulations for you state and any quality assurance requirements
-Limitations and safety in relation to children's behaviour

I think i am just over thinking it... and am finding it hard to pinpoint specific things.
Any help is appreciated !

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCIC301D - Bullying scenario

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi Jeska,

Think about what you would do and say in this situation... Maybe you can talk to the group about why they are bullying the boy and also talk to the boy about what is happening. You will also need to set clear limits for the groups behaviour and also may be have a group discussion on bullying and it's affects on others. I'm pretty sure the Regulations are attached to one of the topics here in this forum. Just search for it in this site.