CHCECE010 - Scenario: Educator Feeding Infant & QA Practices

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Participator
Participator

CHCECE010 - Scenario: Educator Feeding Infant & QA Practices

Post by Newbie » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:45 am

Hello :) I'm a bit stuck on these questions. Could anyone point me in the right direction. ?

Case study 2
You notice that when feeding infants, an educator in the early childhood education and care service where you work, continues to talk to other educators and holds the infant loosely on her lap.

Answer the questions that follow:
a) Considering the needs of infants in the social, emotional and language developmental areas, what suggestions would you make to your colleague so that they form a good attachment and bond with the infant?
I would explain to the educator that I do not think she is holding the infant correctly, that she should be showing interest in the infant, talking to the infant while feeding and should prop the infant up when feeding for support.
Strong and secure attachment is vital to an infant’s development. Secure attachment develops I response to consistent and sensitive car and love in their life. It gives a child an important start to healthy social, emotional and cognitive development, building the foundation for a sense of security, safety and good coping skills.
Infants who experience care that is unresponsive, unpredictable or threatening may develop attachment problems that ultimately slow their development.
http://www.adph.org/healthystart/assets ... gGuide.pdf

b) Why is it important to speak up in this situation? Refer to Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (1991) to guide your answer.
“The code of ethics recognises that childhood professionals are in a unique position of trust and influence in their relationship with children, families, colleagues and the community, therefor professional accountability is vital. “

http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org. ... de-ethics/

8. In the table below identify ways that you could put the listed National Quality Standard elements into practice in an early childhood education and care setting. You are required to identify one practice for each element listed.
To help you with your answer refer to the Guide to the National Quality Standard published by ACECQA.

NQS element Examples of practice
Element 1.1.1
Curriculum decision making contributes to each child’s learning and development outcomes in relation to their identity, connection with community, wellbeing, confidence as learners and effectiveness as communicators. Everyday the room leader is making a good curriculum for the children according to their age group. This includes Balancing spontaneity with a sense of purpose and predictability. The curriculum must have the children’s best interest so they are happy and actively engaged children.
Element 1.1.2
Each child’s current knowledge, ideas, culture, abilities and interests are the foundation of the program.
Element 1.1.3
The program, including routines, is organised in ways that maximise opportunities for each child’s learning.
Element 1.1.6
Each child’s agency is promoted, enabling them to make choices and decisions and influence events and their world.
Element 3.1.3
Facilities are designed or adapted to ensure access and participation by every child in the service and to allow flexible use, and interaction between indoor and outdoor space
Element 3.2.2
Resources, materials and equipment are sufficient in number, organised in ways that ensure appropriate and effective implementation of the program and allow for multiple uses.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE010 - Scenario: Educator Feeding Infant & QA Practices

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:53 am

I think your responses are on the right track! :thumbup:

In regards to the putting the elements into practice, if you look in the "Guide To The NQS" under each element there are examples of what an assessor may observe at the setting for each of the elements listed. You can have a look at these to give you ideas on how to put the element into practice at a centre...

:geek:,
Lorina