CHCCHILD401A- identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mallissa
Participator
Participator

CHCCHILD401A- identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by mallissa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:43 pm

hi,
i have almost finished this assignment but i am stuck on one last question:

the first is read the childcare act in your state (western australia) and find out what confidences must be maintained in relation to children and families. then describe how they should be stored. i have read the childcare act but im not quite sure what it is referring to with the question.

please help...
thank you :)

Lorina

Re: CHCCHILD401A- identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Hey Mallissa,

I think I know what this is referring to. At the end of the year, at centres, we have to take confidential documents and archive them for like 7 years (don't know how long)...I'm pretty sure this includes enrollment information, observations (I think for some centers), accident & Illness reports, oh&s'... although I'm not too sure which documents are required for keeping... I just checked out the Child Care Services Act 2007 (I think that's the one for WA) and the only thing I can find is the following:'

Confidentiality of information
(1) This section applies to a person who is or has been engaged in the performance of functions under this Act.
(2) A person to whom this section applies must not, directly orindirectly, record, disclose or make use of information obtainedin the course of duty, except —
(a) for the purpose of, or in connection with, performing functions under this Act; or
(b) for the purpose of the investigation of any suspected offence under this Act or the conduct of proceedingsagainst any person for an offence under this Act; or
(c) as required or allowed under this Act or another written
law; or
(d) with the written consent of the Minister or the person to whom the information relates; or
(e) in prescribed circumstances.
Penalty: a fine of $12 000 and imprisonment for one year.

Like you, I wasn't able to find anything with the information you require... maybe it's in another document? I'll see if I can find anything over the next couple of days... let me know if you find anything...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Hey Mallissa,

Been searching for further info and I almost fell off my chair... I finally found it well I thought I did, in regards to "maintaining and storing confidences". It's for NSW not WA so I'm trying to find one for WA....

I'll let you know if I come up with something...

L.A

mallissa
Participator
Participator

Post by mallissa » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:29 am

Thanks heaps for that LA. i have spoken to tafe and they have said due to there not actually being anything about storage in the western australian childcare servicers act i can use the NSW storage and maintaining of the records, so could you please tell me which act the NSW one was which you found.

again thank you so much for your help on this :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:05 am

Hey Mallissa,

No worries... I'll attach the info below...

[attachment=0]storing_archives_documents_childcare_nsw.pdf[/attachment]
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mallissa
Participator
Participator

Post by mallissa » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm

thank you so much LA i finally finished it :)