CHCCC301D

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
red

CHCCC301D

Post by red » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi I am having trouble with the last question and as Im not working in a childcare at the moment wondering if anyone could give my an example of this question to help me
Describe a time when you have collaborated with a child about their interst

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCCC301D

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:52 am

Have you ever had an experience with a child where you have talked about their likes and dislikes? You can do a hypothetical where you have had a discussion with a child about their interests and then how you have (along with the child) come up with ideas for activities that reflect their interets .
Eg A child says he likes to be outdoors and loves playing football (soccer to you guys) I would then plan activities set outside that may enhance & develop more ball skills for this child..set up a course where he had to kick the ball around various objects, kick it into a small net etc ... I would ask him if he would enjoy that , he may he may not , if not then I could ask him what he thinks we can do instead and he may have some ideas I can incorporate into the plan

red

Post by red » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:44 am

thank you for your help

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:28 am

no probs

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi Red,

Another way to find out about a child's interest is to simply ask their parents. When you talk to a child's parents about what they are interested in, you can add it onto your program and extend it from there. For e.g. Tyson's mum mentioned that he is interested in helping out with the cooking at home so on your program you can include a cooking experience. Then you could use this as a starting point to talk about his interest with him....

Just another idea I wanted to add...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A